The Celebration of Nature 2018 has been announced. Watch for information on our club’s selection timing. The technical specifications can be downloaded/viewed here.
Your submission – Please watch for info…
Please note – you must be a current (Aug 1, 2018 to July 31, 2019) paid-up member of the Whitehorse Photography Club to be included in our selection process (memberships will be available or you can download here).
- selection meeting will be Sunday Nov 4, 2018 in Rm A2202, Yukon College, 2:00PM
- each participant will submit up to 4 (FOUR) images
- each image will be critiqued by the members in attendance
- members in attendance will select by majority vote (50%+1) the preferred image for further consideration
- the selected image from each participant will then be rated relative to the others by secret vote
- only the top 8 images can be sent out to the competition.
The North Shore Photographic Challenge 2018 competition is HERE! The technical specifications can be downloaded from here….. It is preferable to have your submissions (maximum 4) in to our Club’s DROPBOX account (by January 19) in accordance with the specifications (you must provide a title for your image but do not include any other information – your name or any numbering – with the file name or on the image). Ensure your image is ready for submission as there is no time for adjustments. Your top image will be selected (anonymously) at a special meeting on Sunday January 21, Yukon College Room A2202, 2-5PM. Final selection for the top 6 to comprise our Club’s entry will be completed by an outside judge from Ontario.
Please note that late submissions will be accepted at the selection meeting.
Also note that, again, the NSC is open to individual submissions. Requirements can be downloaded from here.
There are many web sites devoted to educating us on what makes a good photograph. One link to such a site is http://wordsandphotos.org/Commentary/WhatMakesAPhotoGood.htm.
PLEASE NOTE: these competitions are open only to Club Members – download an application form here!